Skip to main content


Get the answers you need.

How can we help you?


When you are suddenly injured, you may have many questions. This is especially true if you were injured due to someone else’s negligence. It can be scary and stressful, but you don’t have to feel like you’re going through it alone. Wayne Hardee and his team can help you through the legal process once you call us.

We’ve compiled a collection of common questions below to help you. While this is not legal advice, it can get you started down the path of getting the compensation you deserve.

Click on a question to get started.

I’ve been injured – do I have a case?

Well, that depends on a range of factors. You may have a compensation claim if you were involved in an accident where you were not at fault. The only way to know for sure is to call your attorney and see what they say.

I was just hurt in an accident – what do I do now?

• Write down (or record) everything that happens at the scene.

• Keep a journal of everything you experience after the accident (pain, restrictions, medical procedures, treatments, medications, work restrictions, etc.).

• Keep an organized folder or binder of related papers (bills, letters from the insurance company, discharge paperwork from the hospital, reports, etc.).

• Take pictures of any damaged personal property (cars, etc.).

• Take pictures of your personal injuries.

• Listen to your doctor(s) and follow their instructions.

• Follow all proper channels with your health insurance provider when you file claims.

• Remain in contact with your vehicle insurance provider and ask about medical coverage.

• Call an attorney.

Do not give a statement to an insurance provider without counsel.

Do not sign a release without counsel.

Should I call an attorney after I’m injured?


Once you have made a basic report to the applicable parties (police, insurance, work, etc.), your next call should be to an attorney. It is essential to have legal representation on your side from the beginning in these types of cases. This can help protect you from taking a settlement that is less than you deserve or otherwise harming your chance of compensation.

When should I settle my case?

All information must be gathered before you even consider settling your case. This means you should only settle your case once your doctor releases you from their care and/or you know the full extent of your injuries. You should also follow the advice of your attorney to ensure that you get the best possible compensation for your case.

This may take a while, but it is the best way to get the compensation you deserve.

How long do I have to file a claim?

In North Carolina, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is generally three (3) years from the incident date.

How do I choose the right attorney for my case?

• Research attorneys in your area.

• Ask family and friends who they have used in the past.

• Call around to find a personal injury attorney you like.

• Meet with the attorney to ensure that you feel comfortable with them.

What can I get compensation for?

Depending upon the case, you may be able to receive compensation for:

  • Medical Expenses
  • Property Damages
  • Loss of Property
  • Lost Wages
  • Pain and Suffering
  • Permanent Disability
  • Wrongful Death

If you have further questions or want Wayne Hardee to take over your personal injury case, call us at 252-238-4040. We can help you with your claim from the first moment until the compensation is in your hand. If you cannot come to our office at 1609 West Arlington Blvd in Greenville, we can come to you.

Let us help you get the compensation that you deserve!

Wayne Hardee 10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction 2020
Wayne Hardee AV Preeminent Rating Professional Excellence
Wayne Hardee Million Dollar Advocate
Wayne Hardee Rated by Super Lawyers
Wayne Hardee Best of the Best Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys 2023
Wayne Hardee Best Car Accident Lawyers in Greenville
Wayne Hardee American Bar Association Member 2023
Wayne Hardee North Carolina Advocates for Justice 2023-2024
Wayne Hardee North Carolina NC Dispute Resolution Since 1995